Before I launched into my day of slaving over a hot keyboard in search of the right words, I checked my email, and lo! I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award! Sadly, I’d never heard of it until now, but it sounds prestigious 🙂 Thanks to Nathan over at thewriterscodex.wordpress.com for the nomination. his blog deals with the ins and outs of writing and the writing life, so check him out!
I’m supposed to answer some questions and then nominate some other people, so on with the questions.
- What prompted you to start your blog? Well, I’ve actually stopped and started a few blogs, none of which I’ll list here 😛 I never honestly had something that I really wanted to write about, and didn’t feel comfortable with those others. When I started writing full time, having a blog was just an extension of what I do. Plus, it’s a good way to connect with other writers, hear their perspectives on the same things I run into on a daily basis.
- What is one life event/decision that you didn’t expect, but made your life what it is today? My marriage. My wife and I met on pure coincidence, a chance meet that might never have happened. She’s been an inspiration to me, as well as the love of my life.
- Do you have any regrets in life? If so, are you doing anything to resolve them? It’s easy to have regrets, but sometimes in life, it takes longer to learn what you need to learn. I view all “mistakes” as lessons, and some lessons are harder to learn than others. That being said, I don’t look back and wish I could have done something different. It’s better to look forward, than backward. Take what you’ve learned, and use it to make things better.
- What specific tasks are you doing to achieve your goals right now? I have two goals currently: Walk two miles every day for a month, and finish my second novel. I’m five days in on the first one, and I’m 3/4s of the way through my second. It’s called Confessor, and there will be two or three other books in the series. You can check out my other book, The Brotherhood, on Amazon. (click the link on the left. This has been a Shameless Plug ™)
- What one thing do you wish people would remember you for after you’re gone? I’ve actually never given this any thought. When you’re dead, you’re dead. It’s more important for me to look back on my life and see some things I’m maybe a little proud of, than caring how people remember me.
- What do you enjoy most in life? Chasing dreams.
- If you could make one decision that would change your life forever, what would that decision be? I’ve already made that decision, and it’s changed my life more than I ever thought. That was to not pursue another “job”, and instead, pursue a career in writing.
- What is it about books that draws you them? I’ve been reading for as long as I can remember. I didn’t have the greatest childhood, and initially reading was a way to avoid the situation. Then it became something I couldn’t go without. I don’t know exactly what draws me to them.
- Describe your favorite movie in terms of what makes you love it so much. I don’t really have a favorite movie. A favorite book would be the question, and so I’ll answer that. When I first read Odd Thomas, by Dean Koontz, it was the first novel whose ending moved me to write the author and tell him how I felt about it. I’ll always remember that one. It was one of the first books that ever moved me to tears.
- Think of a loved one, what one question do you want to ask that person? If I could ask any loved one a question, I’d ask my brother Jeremiah, “How’s heaven?”
- What would it take for you to make friends with an old enemy? I don’t have enemies, because it takes more focus and attention to hold grudges than it does to let them go, and I don’t have the time or inclination to devote to the maintenance of enemies.
Well, that’s all I got. As far as nominations go, I’m sorry, I lack the time to list them here. Check out the list of blogs on my page if you want to know what I read, and go see what they’re up to. I only follow blogs that are interesting, and everyone of them is worth an award. Yeah yeah, I know. I suck at this. I will edit this post with a true list just as soon as I can compile it. But time is the fire in which we burn, and I’m already crispy.